Directions to Downtown Westerly-Pawcatuck
5 High Street, Westerly, RI 02891
Printable Downtown Map
- Parking is available on the street at 3 hour intervals
- A public parking lot is located next to the Post Office adjacent to the Library
- A free covered parking garage is located across the street from the Library
- Parking is available in the lot at Main Street and Union Street
- Portions of Railroad Avenue and Friendship Streets have free parking
From Providence and Points North
- Take Route 95 South to Exit 1 (Westerly)
- At end of exit ramp, bear right onto Route 3 South
- Travel 6 miles, straight ahead, into Westerly
- You will cross a railroad bridge where there is a traffic light
- Proceed straight ahead, past the light to a second traffic light
- At second light, turn right (Wilcox Park is on your right)
- Go straight and enter the Westerly-Pawcatuck downtown area
- Pawcatuck is straight at the triangle. Bear right at the triangle for more Westerly downtown businesses.
From the north on Route 1
- South Follow Route 1 South through Charlestown and Dunn’s Corners in Westerly
- Continue to traffic light where Route 1 South bears left at Granite St with the Westerly High School straight in front of you.
- Take left at light and follow to traffic light at junction of Route 3
- Continue straight through light and bear right onto Broad Street, keeping Wilcox Park on the right.
- Go straight and enter the Westerly-Pawcatuck downtown area,
From Connecticut and Points South
- Take Route 95 North to exit 91 (at exit for Stonington)
- At the end of the exit ramp, go straight through the traffic light onto Route 234 (also known as Pequot Trail)
- Travel straight to the end of Pequot trail/Route 234 approximately 5 miles
- At the traffic light (there is a Seafood store in front of you) , bear left onto Route 1 North
- You will go under a railroad overpass and cross the Pawcatuck River Bridge
- Bear right after the bridge where the road becomes one-way.
- Move into the left lane and bear to the first left, passing the police and fire stations to a stop sign.
- You take a left into the Westerly- Pawcatuck downtown area.